Friday 24 February 2012

Cairn Terrier


This is one of the sample cards which I took to Birmingham with me and I thought I'd share it with you here.
I made it to showcase the Tonic Studios Celtic Border punch and matching Celtic Strip punch. The border stays attached to the paper while the strip is just that....a strip!
I love the way this design can be embellished by threading narrow ribbon through the centre.
The image is one of my own - Cairn Terrier available from A Passion for Stamps and I've coloured it with Promarkers.
The flowers were made using the Tonic Studios Petal Pairs Petites rolled to create roses and the large one is using the Multi Detail Flower.
I've used Glossy Accents to highlight the nose and eye but it's not showing up too well in the photo.


Don't forget that there is a giveaway on Blog Tonic at the moment for a set of Petal Pairs Petites. These are amazing punches and if you nip over to the blog you'll see lots of examples of how they can be used.


Challenges
Crafty Catz  ....something beginning with B ( blue, begging!)
Papertake Weekly ...get Krafty

5 comments:

  1. I just love the flowers, they're scrumptious. S The celtic border really makes a statement - a nice change from the pretty lacy ones and ideal for mens' cards! Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  2. so gorgeous ruth.i love your soft colour combo and stunning details and i love this image ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. SWEET and beautiful !
    aureliaeugenia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card and thanks for joining us with our i spy this week at Crafty Catz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card. Thanks for joining us at Papertake weekly.
    Angie x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you. Ruth