Thursday 23 February 2012

Back from NEC!!


I've just spent a couple of days at NEC trade show with the Tonic Studios team and had a great time! It was great to meet up with them in person as you can never imagine who you're talking to in emails....Well, they all far surpassed my greatest expectations. I wasn't exactly bright-eyed and bushy-tailed when I got off the plane and arrived at the hotel so when I got a text to say come on down and "meet the team" at 11.20pm I thought "mmmm.......maybe the morning would be better!"
Needless to say, David, (my husband - who came with me) and I dropped our luggage and got into the lift.
Inside 2 mins we felt as if we belonged - what a great bunch!

I was so proud to be demoing their fantastic products as all the customers were so impressed not only with the fantastic range but the superb quality. The geared border punches certainly went down a treat! I loved it when I let folk try them out for themselves and watched while they pressed so hard the table wobbled only to find that they only need a little push and it cut through paper and card like a knife through butter!

Thanks to all of the team for a wonderful experience and I'm looking forward to the next time already!....
Here are some of the folk I was with, snatched in the odd moments when there was time to breathe.


Simon and me

Gareth


Mark


Jodie and me


Mike


Jodie and Mark


Kirsty and me

Don't forget that there is a giveaway on Blog Tonic at the moment for a set of Petal Pairs Petites designed by Susan Niner Janes. These are amazing punches and if you nip over to the blog you'll see lots of examples of how they can be used.


One more thing...a little message for Susan Niner Janes, as I know you'll be reading this. Thank you very much for taking the time to stop and pay me one of the lovliest compliments I've ever received. It meant a lot to me and I was so taken aback that I don't think I thanked you. Please feel free to get in touch or leave a comment here so that I know you've visited again, Ruth x

6 comments:

  1. Lovely to read all about it Ruth.

    You went through my mind more that once over the couple of days and I wondered how you were doing, not that I doubted for a moment you would not wow them all with your punch creativity.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you lucky ducky, looks like you had an awesome time Ruth. The new punches sound fantastic. Lee x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you had a brilliant time Ruth, really in your element there, you are so clever with punching techniques I love seeing your tutorials. Great photos. Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a fab time. Are you going to the SECC in October?! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pleased you had a great time Ruth, looks like a very friendly bunch, fab photos.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ruth - thanks so much for your kind words. It was lovely to meet you at Stitches. The cardigans are absolutely genius.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you. Ruth